Stream Pad

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Podcast #11: Moving at the Speed of Creativity-Integrating Podcasts

For this podcast I chose to listen to one from Moving at the Speed of Creativity. This particular podcast is about integrating podcasts into the classroom. He first discusses a conference held in KS and this is where he got the idea to do the podcast I listened to. The discussion was titled "How to integrate podcasting into the classroom using Moodle".  Both of the presenters had a long list of accolades and had been involved in the education circuit for many years. For the presentation, they discussed the different aspects of how a podcast can be used in class and how it will help the students. They talked about how time is so of the essence in schools and how simple this kind of tools is for them. It's simply creating an assignment and having them upload it. He talks about how students already have cell phones and how to integrate those into projects by having the students take pictures and videos on them. Overall, his main point was that students already have the tools to make podcasts and take pictures/videos, so why fight them? Instead, integrate them into your classroom so that the students are having fun while getting to use technology they understand. I liked this podcast a lot because I'm a firm believer in somehow integrating the technology these kids use everyday into the classroom and this podcast gave different ideas for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment