Stream Pad

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Podcast Reflection #8: Tech Chick Tips-"Podcasting Even as we Speak"

For this podcast reflection, I did another Tech Chick Tips podcast. I know we are supposed to do different podcasts for each one but I've found that I really enjoy these women and feel that they present the technology in a positive and easy to understand fashion. In this podcast, they discuss a 21st Century Article about Education. The article talks about how the constant need for "reform" in the educational society causes people to overlook the teachers that are positively influencing their students and who are good at their job. They also discuss Pindax which is a cool alternative to message boards. It's set up like Post-Its which makes it fun and visually pleasing. Another great aspect of it is that it's free!! The last aspect of their podcast that I'll discuss is Google Flu Trends. At first when I heard this, I rolled my eyes a little. I thought, "Why would they discuss this?". But then I got to thinking, as a teacher, I'm going to be around so many kids a day, I need to be aware of their health, even if they don't look sick. Google Flu Trends shows flu activity from around the world, so even teachers who don't live in the United States could potentially use it. Overall, I think Tech Chick Tips are my favorite podcasters and I hope to continue listening to them even after this class is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment